STUDENT FEEDBACK SURVEY
Students complete this survey in the last few minutes of the last class. The teacher should step out the room for the duration.
1. How well did you understand how you were being graded in the TOK class?
2. When the time came for the final External Assessment Essay to what extent did you feel properly prepared?
3. Was your voice sufficiently heard? Did the teacher reach out to, and honor the voice of, everyone in the group?
4. To what extent did the three movies used in the course add value?
5. How much genuine critical thinking and analysis was going on in the TOK class (as opposed to be given permission to merely blurt our how you feel about a topic.)
6. To what extent did the teacher avoid the pitfall of doing most of the talking and dominating the discussion?
7. To what extent did you learn a few new skills and approaches to thinking that may transfer to college and life beyond in this class?
8. How effective was the format of initially working collaboratively in pairs and small groups, followed by reporting back to the whole class?
9. To what extent have you been encouraged to think creatively and “out of the box” in the TOK class?
10. To what extent have you found yourself continuing arguments and discussions from topics in the TOK class with family and friends outside the classroom?
FREE RESPONSE QUESTIONS
A. What should your TOK teacher stop doing?
B. What should your TOK teacher start doing?