TOK essay—analytical reflection on knowledge questions, backed up with real-life examples, based on a prescribed title
TOK presentation—critical reflection on a chosen, single real-life situation
10 minutes per student
The Essay is worth twice as much as the Presentation. The IBO publishes a grid matrix that shows how students can earn a maximum possible 3 IB Diploma bonus points.
CONSULT YOUR IB COORDINATOR FOR OFFICIAL TOK DOCUMENTATION AND FORMS
The TOKResource project has a singular focus. That is to present 100 interconnected TOK class activities that can be appropriated freely by colleagues around the world. The site is independent of the IBO and does not contain downloads of copyrighted IBO assessment material. Updated versions of these are available from your IB Coordinator, or the OCC after login as an IB World School teacher.
LIST OF ESSENTIAL ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTS
- Assessment Summary from the latest TOK Subject Guide
- The IB Bonus Points Matrix for TOK and the Extended Essay
- The precise role of the teacher and other assessment details from the latest TOK Subject Guide
- Previous Essay titles for reference May and November sessions
- Current Essay Titles for your class (as soon as they are launched)
- Essay Grading Criteria
- TK/PPF Personal Planning Form (for the Essay)
- Presentation Grading Criteria
- TK/PPD Personal Planning Document (for the Presentation)